Take a proactive role in land use proposals and development.
- With input and expertise from the District Conservationist and National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) specialists, conduct subdivision reviews, as required by state statute, to address possible impacts to natural resources of concern;
- Provide informative subdivision reviews for the landowner, the Fremont County Planning Board and District records;
- Supply educational, relevant, appropriate and timely land use information to area realtors and their clients;
- Hold workshops to enhance local knowledge of current land use and resource issues and maintenance objectives;
- Provide assistance for conservation planning;
- Develop working relationships with other governmental entities;
- Encourage best management practices for use of U.S. Forest Service (USFS) and BLM administered lands;
- Remain actively involved in the revisions of the Shoshone National Forest Plan and the Bureau of Land Management Lander Area Resource Management Plan; and
- Sponsor and promote “Gilligan’s Island” outdoor classroom where area students can learn to recognize the diversity of public land uses.